Friday, May 1, 2009

UFO Update

This UFO is almost DONE! I did all the backstitching in a few hours over a couple of days. The only thing left to do is the stems for the flowers and the french knots. If you know me, you know that I don't do french knots! So, I need to find beads for the bird's eye in the right corner and for the flowers. I'd hate to buy a pack of beads just for a handful, but I hate french knots that much!!!! LOL


Sing A Song of Liberty


Close up of where the stems need to go for the flowers

I think next up from the UFO pile is Yin Yang. This one's a UFO because I some frogging needs to be done....actually quite a bit I think :( So I got aggravated w/it and put it away. Here's what it looks like now. The frogging needs to happen on the left side of the dang thing! So, I might tackle that this weekend.

8 comments:

Colleen said...

Sing a Song of Liberty looks terrific!!! I used beads too! Can't wait to see more of your UFOs finished.

Brigitte said...

Wow, now this is great progress and the happy dance is just around the corner. I also know stitchers who use beads instead of French knots.
This UFO-finishing-thing is terrific!

Milly~ said...

Looking good!

Jessica McCoy said...

Very pretty! I love your sun flowers at the top of your page too!

French knots are my weakness. I always have a stray thread that's sticking out of the center of it!

Lisa said...

Ya-hoo...way to go! It looks lovely and I congratulate you on the completion (and beads are the way to go...not only does it relieve one from having to stress through french knots, but it adds dimension to the finished piece).

Sandy's Cross Stitch said...

Very nice. I loved looking at your progress. Thanks for sharing.

Sharon said...

Look at you go on your UFO!! Yippee! We're gonna amaze everyone with our UFO progress, right??? :)

tangerinedream73 said...

Your stitching is lovely. Thanks for your funny comment on my lady with a shotgun!