Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend update.....

Sometimes being a woman sucks major ass!!!!! I've been having pretty bad cramps the past couple of months right around that lovely time of the month. Well, week before last it left me doubled over in pain. So, I go to the "lady doctor" last Thursday. She does her exam and says, "Well, I don't feel anything". I'm thinking, "Of course, YOU don't!" So, she tells me that I need to get a transvaginal ultrasound to get a "better picture". Yay!!! Sigh....


I was able to my results the next day by my doctor's nurse. The doctor, of course, is off on Fridays (nice, right???) And those results.....2 cysts on my left ovary about 2 cm big. I sort of immediately freak out. So, I ask the nurse what my options are. She advises me that I can either get on the pill (NOT!!!) or they can be surgically removed. Not really happy with either of those choices so I tell the nurse to have the doctor call me Monday, which would be today.


I tried not to have that crap weigh me down too much this weekend. Which I've got to tell you is kinda hard because the "C" word flashes through my head with regularity especially when I was in major pain most of yesterday. I did, on the other hand, manage to get lots of stitching done as you can see below....




I also saw "Men Who Stare at Goats" with George Clooney. What an oddball film that had me rolling!!! Those of you that know me know that I LOVE GC. He can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned. And this movie showed how truly versatile he is!!! See this film, peeps! Promise you won't regret it. I'm also way in love with The Tudors! What a despicable, decadent, sexy fun show to watch. I've got 2 more seasons to catch up to this season. Any of y'all fans?


My doctor does call me bright and early this morning. She tells me that I've got simple cysts that are very common and nothing to be too concerned about. They form and for the most part go away on their own. So, she told me to call later in the week to let her know how I'm feeling. And if I'm still in pain, we'll go from there. In the meantime, I just get to suffer, I guess :( I've been using those Thermacare heat patches faithfully for the past couple of days. And they do help, but then you get those sucker punches and you're like, "Good God Almighty!!" I just hope that these two intruders disappear quickly!!

2 comments:

Sandy's Cross Stitch said...

I am so sorry that you are having the cysty problems and I sure hope they go away quickly. I have another dear dear friend that has had the same problems. Your "House" looks great!
Hugs

Brigitte said...

You made some nice progress on your project. Love the house and its surroundings.
I hope you will feel better soon and that the cysts will go away without any kind of surgery.