Sunday, January 17, 2010

First finish for 2010

My first finish for 2010! And barely 3 weeks in! LOL


A friend of mine sent me this LHN pattern, but no Crescent Colours thread because, of course, she had used them. So, I had a friend of mine help me with substituting DMC for the CC threads. It's not as bright as the original colors are, but I think it came out pretty good. There was a bit of frogging to do because the color we originally picked was all wrong for the hair and arms. So, a substitution was made and there you have it.





Gardening by Little House Needleworks
Stitched on 28 ct off white linen with DMC thread
Started on 1/10/10, finished on 1/17/10.




I've been officially on vacation since yesterday, Saturday, and I'm leaving tomorrow to fly to AZ to visit with her. Hopefully, I'll come back with another finish :) I've packed U is for Unlocked and another LHN project to work on during the week.


I'll be coming home just in time to see the Saints kick some Viking ass! Watching the game last night was sooooooooo much fun. To see the Saints so pumped and playing so damn well does a heart good. After the game, my neighbors were shooting fireworks to celebrate the win. One more game and we'll be Super Bowl bound! Miami better roll out the red carpet for my boys :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good! Can't wait to see the rest!

Milly~ said...

Nice finish chica.

Colleen said...

looks great! have fun in AZ!

Colleen said...

looks great! have fun in AZ!

Colleen said...

looks great! have fun in AZ!

Colleen said...

looks great! have fun in AZ!

Brigitte said...

Such a nice little finish. Makes me think of sun and flowers and warmth and - spring!