Anyways, I was reading Woman's World dated March 2nd and there's an article in here titled "Beating a Bad Mood". In this article, they list 7 things you can do to get out of a funk.
- Write it down.....it essentially says to write down 5 things that went right that day, from the littlest thing to the biggest. And when you see these things written down, it'll lift your mood.
- Make something grow....it says to dig into the earth and plant something. Supposedly gardening soil has certain compounds that boost your levels of serotonin in your brain.
- Put on the radio......listening to your favorite music eases your depression.
- Ask myself this question.....instead of saying postive "affirmations", try "afformations". Afformations are defined in this article as "empowering questions that change the subconscious thought from negative to positive".
- Put your feet up-literally.........lie down and put your legs on the wall. The article says that "the increase blood flow to the brain helps clear your mind and even helps increase serotonin levels".
- Do something good for someone else.....no explanation needed for this one!
- Be grateful for what you're not....remember those obstacles from the past that you've overcome.
I've tried a couple of these in the past and they do work. Now that spring is around the corner, I am looking forward to digging into my garden which I've sorely neglected this winter. I'm looking forward to figuring out what I can plant in it that doesn't take too much maintenance. Now that may sound a little half assed backwards considering I'm telling y'all I can't wait to dig into it. I just don't want all my free time consumed with actually maintaining the damn thing :) My idea of gardening is a little weeding and watering.
I'm in search of new ideas, new things to do when I'm in a bad mood. What do y'all do when those icky funks hit?